Research Your New Instrument - ASSIGNMENT
You have been assigned a new musical instrument. You must have a lot of questions and this is your opportunity to answer them! You can work with the other person/s in class that play your instrument or on your own if you are the only one. Your RESEARCH assignment is as follows:
1. What is the history of your instrument? Where did it originate? What instrument did it evolve from? How old is your instrument? /5
2. How do you make sound on your instrument? Research and explain emboucher and physical properties. /5
3. How do you assemble the instrument? Be specific by clearly outlining the steps. Pictures are good too. /5
4. How do you disassemble the instrument? Be specific by clearly outlining the steps. Pictures are good too. /5
5. How to you put your instrument down when you are not playing to ensure it does not get damaged? /3
6. How do you place your hands? /3
7. How do you change pitch on your instrument? /3
8. What are the fingering positions?
Show a fingering chart and explain. /3
9. What are common mistakes people make with:
i) Emboucher /2
ii) Maintenance /2
10. What is the function of your instrument in the band or orchestra? /3
11. What are good physical and personality characteristics to have for your instrument? /3
12. What do you find cool or exciting about your instrument and/or the idea of playing this in a band? /3
Due Friday, February 16 at the beginning of class.
You will be given one full period in the Mac lab for support.
Inquiry & Communication mark out of /45