Gr.9 Visual Art Exam Review
The Elements & Principles of Design - Connect description to the Element or Principle.
Know the meanings of each. Remember:
Let’s skip Class For TV
= l________ s_______ c______ f_______ t_______ v_______
= u_________ p_______v______ e_______ r_______ b_________
The Colour Wheel - Fill in the diagram and answer the questions
Absence of Colour --> Black and White
Clay Terminology - Short Answer:
Slip, scoring, kiln, additive sculpture, subtractive sculpture.
History - Multiple Choice
- Greek sculpture: Arachaic, Classical, Hellenistic...descriptions, functions, and names of sculptures.
- Roman sculpture - description and function and know how to compare and contrast it to Greek sculpture.
- Nike of Samothrace, the Dying Gaul, the Disc Thrower, the Defeated Boxer (know the sculptures, their title, if they are from the Archaic/Classical/Hellenistic period, and know the characteristics of each period so you can explain WHY that statue is either Archaic, Classical or Hellenestic).
- Acropolis in Athens, Greece
- Parthenon in Athens, Greece
- Colonnade (Columns)
- The 3 Decorative Periods: Doric, Ionian, Corinthian -- what they look like and how they are different
- Clay Pot Vases: Geometric style and Realism/Figurative style
- Post and Lintel
- Greek toga is called a "stola"
- Labelling a Greek temple
- Pompeiian oil lamps, murals
1) Vaults: Loin, barrel
3) Parthenon in Rome, Italy
4) Coliseum in Rome, Italy