Gr.10 Band CPT
Gr. 10 CPT (Music)
June 11, 12, & 13 - CPTs (5 people per day)
Gr. 10 Instrumental Music CPT
10% - Ensemble: Attendance & participation
- You come!
- You come on time and stay for the full practice.
- You come in, quickly prepare your instrument and begin to tune/warm-up/practice.
- You bring your music.
- You bring a pencil.
- You know your part because you’ve practiced it on your own time.
- You play/sing when asked to, and do not play/sing when you are asked not to play.
- You review your music and/or listen to neighbouring parts when it’s not your turn to play?
- You quiet during instruction or when other parts are being rehearsed?
- You are focused and not distracting others when being instructed.
5% - Recital
- In a group of three or four you will each play 2 pieces:
- Each student performs 1 solo piece of their choice (with teacher approval from repertoire books. You can use Standard of Excellence.)
- Each student performs 1 ensemble piece (trio, or quartet).
- Each group creates a program of their recital with:
- Order of pieces
- Name of performer playing the piece
- Name of composer
*** Suggested solo & duet pieces from the red Standard of Excellence book are:
1. Sawmill Creek on pg. 20
2. Emperor's Hymn on pg. 36
1. Rockin' Rondeau on pg.38
2. Trumpet Voluntary on pg. 30
*** Reminder: For those students who were not part of Ensemble for reasons previously discussed with me, you are to perform TWO solo pieces. The first solo piece will be worth 2.5% and the second will be worth 5%.
*** Please give me your recital program and a copy of all the music you will be performing IN THE ORDER OF THE PROGRAM before the CPT performance. If you are performing all your pieces/duets from the Standard of Excellence books I will not need sheet music as the books are in the classroom.
5% - Technique
- Student will play 2 scales: Concert Bb+ and Chromatic scale. Pg. 42 of Standard of Excellence book.
- Percussion: pf.42 Single Paradiddle Study (Bb+ scale), Flam Tap Paradiddle Study (Eb+ scale) and Seventeen Stroke Roll Study (Chromatic Scale)
June 11 - Group 1 Clarinets; Group 2 Bass Clarinet & Tenor Sax; Group 3 Alto Saxs
June 12 - Group 4 Trombones; Group 5 Trumpets; Group 6 Euphonium & Tuba
June 13 - Group 7 Flutes; Group 8 percussion