Gr.10 Art History Exam Date & Review
GR.10 VISUAL ARTS - EXAM REVIEW
EXAM DATE --> Wednesday, June 14 - In Class
ELEMENTS & PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN
Know them all and be able to identify them
Terms: Slip, Scoring, Kiln, Additive Sculpture, Subtractive Sculpture
GREEK ART HISTORY
• The difference between 3 periods: Archaic, Classical and Hellenistic in sculpture (body, expression, etc.)
• The names of each of the Greek sculptures included in the book and the period to which they belong. '
• Clay pot styles
• The 3 columns and their parts: capital, shaft, base
• Definition of colonnade.
• The Greek structures, temples, purpose (Athena, gods...), Acropolis, etc.
• The history of the Greek City-States (Peloponnesian War and the Delian League).
• Labelling a Greek Structure on pg. 170 (Raking cornice, cornice, frieze, lintel, capital, shaft, stylobate, pediment, entablature, column, colonnade – be able to label it.)
ROMAN ART HISTORY
• The difference between Greek and Roman sculpture.
• Aqueducts – purpose
• The different kinds of vaults
• Post and Lintel – what is it?
• Keystone – what is it?
• What are oil lamps?
• Purpose of murals
• What is the Pompeiian style?