Gr. 9 CPT (Music)
Gr. 9 Instrumental Music CPT
5% - Ensemble: Attendance & participation
- You come!
- You come on time and stay for the full practice.
- You come in, quickly prepare your instrument and begin to tune/warm-up/practice.
- You bring your music.
- You bring a pencil.
- You know your part because you’ve practiced it on your own time.
- You play/sing when asked to, and do not play/sing when you are asked not to play.
- You review your music and/or listen to neighbouring parts when it’s not your turn to play?
- You quiet during instruction or when other parts are being rehearsed?
- You are focused and not distracting others when being instructed.
5% - Recital
- In a group of three or four you will each play 2 pieces:
- Each student performs 1 solo piece of their choice (with teacher approval from repertoire books. You can use Standard of Excellence.)
- Each student performs 1 ensemble piece (trio, or quartet).
- Each group creates a program of their recital with:
- Order of pieces
- Name of performer playing the piece
- Name of composer
5% - Technique
- Student will play 2 scales: Concert Bb+ and Chromatic scale. Pg. 42 of Standard of Excellence book.
- Percussion: pf.42 Single Paradiddle Study (Bb+ scale), Flam Tap Paradiddle Study (Eb+ scale) and Seventeen Stroke Roll Study (Chromatic Scale)
Day 1 - Jan. 9
Amanda, Isabella, Jackie
Tanveer, Luca, Peter
Mikayla, Claudia, Mya
Day 2 - Jan. 10
Austin, Anthony, Donny, Daniel,
Makayla, Sophia C., Sophia LP, Cesar
Day 3 - Jan. 11
Thania, Justin, Mark,
Alexia, Jared, Ivana,
Om, Jordan, Lucas