Gr.12 CPT Recitals
Monday, May 30
Tuesday, May 31
Monday, June 6
Tuesday, June 7
Gr.12 CPT RECITALS
Four performers per concert date with one date including 5 performers. Concerts begin at 7 pm and must not go after 9 pm. Students an accompanists may arrive at the theatre at 6 pm for one hour of preparation. The theatre lobby will be available for a post-concert reception but must close at 10 pm. Available dates for CPT recitals are: Monday, May 30th; Tuesday, May 31st; Friday, June 3rd; Monday, June 6th; possibly Tuesday, June 7th.
1) 1 ½ hour to 1 ¾ hour in length. Should not be less 1 ½ hours or than exceed 2 hours.
2) Each individual performer should perform an equivalent of 5 songs or 15-20 minutes of repertoire.
3) Three pieces (minimum) of those five should be a solo performance. The other two may be a combination of duets, trios, group, etc.
4) Each individual performer must sing a minimum of 2 foreign languages.
5) Each individual performer must sing a minimum of 3 different genres.
6) A minimum of one of the pieces performed must be a classical music selection. (Classical genre, not limited to Classical period. Ex. Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionistic, 20th Century.)
7) One Jazz or Musical Theatre piece requirement.
8) Provide clear, visually appealing program with: program title, concert date, names of performers (including accompanist/s), and order of pieces (including FULL names of composers). Acknowledgement section is optional.
CPT = 20 % of final grade (out of 100)
Application (singing/musicality/correct rhythms/correct pitches) 20 marks
Application (execution of text/language/articulation/diction/clarity) 15 marks
Communication (performance etiquette/attire/communicating with audience) 10 marks
Communication (concert programs) 5 marks
Inquiry (variety of repertoire/language) 10 marks
Inquiry (variety of repertoire/genre) 10 marks
Inquiry (variety of group formation/solos) 5 marks
Knowledge (memorization) 10 marks.
Knowledge (Technical requirements) 15 marks