Gr. 11/12 Instrumental Music CPT
5% - Ensemble: Attendance & participation
- You come!
- You come on time and stay for the full practice.
- You come in, quickly prepare your instrument and begin to tune/warm-up/practice.
- You bring your music.
- You bring a pencil.
- You know your part because you’ve practiced it on your own time.
- You play when asked to, and do not play when you are asked not to play.
- You review your music and/or listen to neighbouring parts when it’s not your turn to play?
- You quiet during instruction or when other parts are being rehearsed?
- You are focused and not distracting others when being instructed.
5% - Recital
- In groups of threse you will each play 2 pieces (more challenging for Gr.12):
- Each student performs 1 solo piece of their choice (with teacher approval from repertoire books.
- Each solo piece should be approximately 2 or 3 minutes long.
- Each student performs 1 ensemble piece (either duet, trio, or quartet).
- Each group should not take more than 20 minutes in total but not shorter than 10 minutes.
- Each group creates a program of their recital with:
- Order of pieces
- Name of performer playing the piece
- Name of composer
*** Please give me your recital program and a copy of all the music you will be performing IN THE ORDER OF THE PROGRAM before the CPT performance.
5% - Gr. 11 Technique
- Student will play 3 scales: Bb+, F+, Eb+ (Drums: pg. 62 in Superior Bands in Sixteen Weeks book, pg. 63, Ex. 7, 8, 9)
- Student will play 1 technique exercise from technique book -- Superior Bands in Sixteen Weeks book, pg. 39, Ex.13, Cocert G Major Scale.
- (Percussion for Gr.10 -
5% - Gr. 12 Technique
- Student will play 3 scales: Bb+, F+, Eb+
- Student will play 2 technique exercise from technique book -- Superior Bands in Sixteen Weeks book, pg. 39, Ex.13, Cocert G Major Scale AND Ex.14, Concert E Harmonic minor Scale.
Three groups will perform per day:
Day 1 - Jan. 9
Cynthia, Brianna, Stefano
Cassandra, Janie, Daniela,
Megan, Lucas, Danielle
Day 2 - Jan 10
Catarina, Carlyle, Michael,
Natasha,, Alessia, Nicholas,
Katrina, Nicole, Peter
Day 3 - Jan 11
Taliya, Giuliana, Thomas
Andrew, Lauren, Matthew
Salvatore, Genevieve, Joseph
If time is tight we may have to delegate technique to another day.