CPT - Outline
GR.9 CPT – GOD’S HANDS.
May 29, 2017
Need: summer pajamas
Group 1 – Research where to get things for fundraiser - Mattia, Noor, Carson, Yuna, Richard
Group 2 - How do will we do this fundraiser? (Paryse, Tyler, Jaime, Claudio, Ricky, Noor,)
Group 3 – How are we going to market it? (Joy, Mackenzie, Michael, Jacob, Diego, )
Announcements, flyers, word of mouth
Group 4 – How are we going to keep track of money, float, budget? (Ariella, Nathan, Brandon, Réka)
Group 5 – Research the pj’s – where to get them? Prices (Katherine, Rebecca, Aisha, , Mattia,)
Group 6 Announcement: Hannah & Nathan, Matthew & Jordyn, Matthew & Paolina
Group 1 – Foster Kids’ Needs (Jordyn, Mattia, Noor, Eddie)
- Bag, Stuffy, Notebook
- What is their reality
- Average age?
- Can we find out how many foster kids are in this area by age and identified gender?
- Emotional, physical, social...
- Do we need to target only one age group so we can narrow down our kind of bag or not?
- What are the needs per age group?
Group 2 – How do you start a fundraiser? (Paryse, Tyler, Jaime, Claudio, Matthew)
- What are the components?
- Who does what?
- Setting a goal – Let’s say June 5th
- How do we manage 1 month of time?
- Create a backward design plan.
- Who has to be the accountant/budget keeper?
Group 3 – What is Marketing and Advertising? (Joy, Mackenzie, Michael, Jacob, Carson)
- Who do we target for funds?
- How do we target each different demographic?
- What social media tools can be used and how do you create a campaign on those platforms?
- Are there costs associated with marketing and can we do our marketing with low cost or all donations?
- Develop a marketing strategy. How is that done?
Group 4 – How are collections and distributions made in a charity? (Ariella, Nathan, Brandon, Yuna, Réka)
- What methods of collection? All cash? Checks?
- Do you issue receipts for tax purposes?
- Who deposits the money and where? Who is the contact at Sacred Heart to do this?
- Accountability: What is the percentage of money that goes to the donation? Is it 100% or not? (Donations minus cost of fundraising campaign – that is why donated materials are important.)
Group 5 – How are kids selected to receive a bag? (Katherine, Paolina, Aisha, Richard)
- Is it anonymous or not?
- How do we develop a criterion?
- Who do we contact to know that our bags are going to the right people in need?
- Who do we need to target
- How many bags do we want to buy? What is our “success” goal?
Group 6 – The Bags (Diego, Rebecca, Ricky, Hannah)
- Where to buy the bags?
- What kind?
- How much?
- Quality matters – they need to be durable.
- Bags or hard case luggage?
- What companies will work with us to donate or support with lower costs?
- Look at Groupon or Wagjag, Alibaba and other online discount companies.